Here's a fun way to serve zucchini..provide a low-fat alternative to high-calorie nachos. Our Test Kitchen sprinkled zucchini slices with cheese, seasonings and bacon bits, then heated them in the microwave. Even kids will eat their veggies when you serve them as a side dish or snack.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place zucchini on a microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with basil and onion powder. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until hot. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, bacon and Parmesan cheese; microwave on high for 20-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Zucchini Rounds in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review