- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. If needed, cover edge loosely with foil during last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
"Love this quiche. The mustard gives it a little zing. Have made it a few times and get rave reviews every time!"
"GREAT recipe. Will definitely be making this again. I loved the blend of spices in this."
"We love zucchini so this was a special treat. I threw in some bacon bits for my carnivores and it turned out to be delicious! Love the mustard on the crust. Quick & easy to make."
"A very tasty quiche. Although I didn't use a pie crust, I spread the mustard on a pam sprayed 9" pie plate. I added a couple of sauteed mushrooms and as I didn't have mozzarella cheese on hand, used monterey jack, the rest of the recipe as is! It is easy to make and we loved it. A keeper for sure."
"Surprisingly so good! We were impressed. Followed the recipe to a t and it turned out excellent."