Cheesy Zucchini Pie Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the parsley, dill, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into the crust. Pour eggs over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.