- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the parsley, dill, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into the crust. Pour eggs over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Pie
"I had a pre-made pie crust in the fridge that I needed to use and also used a yellow squash since I only had 1 zucchini. I mixed the cheese up, and it came out great. This is one that I will make again and again."
"I had a pie shell so I used that instead of the crescent rolls. It was really good."
"This was the easiest recipes ever I used a pretty made pie crust instead of the crescent rolls. My guy loves meatless meals and this one was his favorite"
"We have more zucchini in our garden than we can handle.... so I've been searching out recipes to use them up.....and this recipe is a keeper! I served it today with slow cooker cilantro lime chicken breast over rice and sliced fresh tomatoes from our garden. I was afraid my husband was going to say "not zucchini again"! But instead he said he hoped there was some left over , which there is. I've made a couple different recipes for zucchini chips, 3 kinds of zucchini boats, and 3 different casseroles. OOh yeah and my all time favorite a cold Italian spaghetti salad with chopped zucchini and tomatoes w/ Zesty Italian salad dressing! My husband has declared this Cheesy Zucchini pie his favorite. I'll be saving this one in my recipe box! Taste of Home has been my number one source for recipes for years now and I have most all the yearly annuals and other cook books associated with Taste Of Home!"
"Love this recipe!"