Cheesy Zucchini Medley
"I constantly crave the wholesome goodness of fresh garden vegetables, so I fix this quick and delicious dish as often as possible," writes field editor Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta. "It's wonderful to make on camping trips."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in
- oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 135 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.