Cheesy Zucchini Bites
Garden-fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes are tastefully combined in these colorful appetizers. Writes Amy Frombach of Bradford, Pennsylvania, "Folks tend to hang around the appetizer tray whenever I serve these pretty party bites."
35 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small
- spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon
- crumbled blue cheese into each.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue
- cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining
- Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve
- warm. Yield: 35 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: One appetizer equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot