Cheesy Zucchini Bites Recipe
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each.
- 2. Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 35 appetizers.
1 each: 19 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Bites
"I made them using mozzerella chesse since my family doesnt care for blue or feta which I love. They loved them but Im gonna try some with the original recipe for me next time."
"I made these with feta cheese and they were delicious. My zucchini were a little larger than the recipe calls for but still worked great. My husband said that this recipe is a keeper. They are good cold, too. We tried a couple that way to see how they would be to take to a picnic."
"Awesome flavor, I'm hooked. I'll definitely make these again."
"Taste great and adds great color to the appetizer table."
"I like blue cheese but my husband does not so I will probably use feta cheese instead."
"Can I use any other cheese than Blue Cheese? just don't like it but the recipe sounds firstname.lastname@example.org"
"great for church potlucks, one bite wonders..yummmy...jav4u"
"I FOUND THESE EXCELLENT, EASY TO PREPARE AND I WILL DEFINATLY MAKE THEM AGAIN.THANK YOU!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.