Cheesy Zucchini Bake Recipe
This recipe was born out of frustration as to what I was going to do with a bumper crop of zucchini one year. It was an instant hit! Now I prepare this autumn casserole for church dinners and family gatherings.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Combine tomatoes, squash, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC