This recipe was born out of frustration as to what I was going to do with a bumper crop of zucchini one year. It was an instant hit! Now I prepare this autumn casserole for church dinners and family gatherings.
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomatoes, squash, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Zucchini Bake in Country Extra September 1991, p47
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review