- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
"All-time family favorite. Make it every Christmas eve. It's a tradition. I've been making this recipe for company and for family from my 1st taste of home cookbook 15 yrs. ago. I use wild rice. I have even purchased canned precooked wild rice. Double the recipe. You won't be disappointed."
"This recipe was so good that my 7-year-old daughter wanted some of the left-overs for breakfast the next morning!"
"Good; makes ALOT"
"I would like the original recipe. We like "REAL" Wild Rice not the packaged combo. Thanks!!"
"I don't care for the taste of Velveeta, so I use an 8-oz package of shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese - the texture of this soup is really interesting, one of our favorites!"
"This was so easy and fast! My husband loved it. I will definately make it again."