Cheesy Walnut Burgers Recipe
In Almonte, Ontario, Janet Chappell serves these crisp meatless burgers with ketchup or plain yogurt to create an unusual taste sensation. The sharp cheddar brings a little zip to each bite.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Ketchup or plain yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 3. To bake, place patties on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes on each side, turning once, or until browned. Serve on buns with ketchup or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 430 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Walnut Burgers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC