Cheesy Walnut Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Ketchup or plain yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 3. To bake, place patties on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes on each side, turning once, or until browned. Serve on buns with ketchup or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Walnut Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.