Cheesy Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 18 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans or 8 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, ricotta cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In each of two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Drain noodles; place three noodles over spaghetti sauce in each dish.
- 3. Layer each with a quarter of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, three lasagna noodles and half of green beans. Top each with remaining ricotta mixture and 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Layer with remaining lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each.
- 4. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining lasagna, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 5. To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 lasagnas (9 servings each).
1 piece: 320 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Cheesy Veggie Lasagna
"This was a good vegetable lasagna recipe. The only change I made was to pre-cook the green beans and I am very glad I did."
"Too many other good veggie-based lasagna recipes to use this one. We really didn't care forit."
"delicious and so easy!"
"I always use California mix (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots) in this type of recipe. Zucchini is good too either with this or just plain. But skip the green beans!!!"
"My family loves this dish, especially with all the different cheeses! Yummy!"
"I agree that I like it without the green beans and also added sauteed portabella mushrooms for taste and texture."
"This was a good recipe, not great, but good. Personally, the green beans didn't pair verry well as far as texture goes. MIght try a different veggie next time, but the garden spaghetti sauce was a nice touch!"
"RE: Veggie lasagna,Zucchini is very good as the vegetable in this rrecipe. I've tried it. Kristine46"
"I use Zucchini, squash and roasted red peppers."
"I bet it would be great with thin sliced zucchini too!"
"I thought this recipe was good, but I didn't care for it too much with the green beans. I think next time I might put Broccoli in instead of the beans. Otherwise, everything else with the recipe was great."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.