Cheesy Vegetable Soup Recipe
My husband doesn't care for much for tomatoes, so I created this recipe that features lots of delicious cheese. We really enjoy steaming bowlfuls on cold winter days with fresh-from-the-oven corn bread. - Robin Counce, Arvada, Colorado
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup each frozen corn, peas and cut green beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. Add vegetables and water to the kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add V8 juice and the beef mixture; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Cheesy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p129
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review