Cheesy Vegetable Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Unroll pizza crust into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion, broccoli, green pepper and spinach until crisp-tender.
- 3. Spread spaghetti sauce over crust. Top with sauteed vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 slices.
1 each: 263 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Pizza
"I thought it was so strange that you put broccoli on pizza, but I thought I'd give it a try. Let's just say that I will always and forever have broccoli on my pizza from now on. I might even try nothing but sauce, cheese and broccoli next time. It was really good!"
"This was very good. Now I make it for lunch aften. You can switch the ingredients to your liking to.CA"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.