An assortment of fresh veggies tops this delicious meatless pizza Beverly Little shares from Marietta, Georgia. “Use any vegetables you like,” she advises. “I often add a few sliced black olives.”
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll pizza crust into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion, broccoli, green pepper and spinach until crisp-tender.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over crust. Top with sauteed vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Vegetable Pizza in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p9
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review