Cheesy Vegetable Medley Recipe
Can't decide whether to cook vegetables or pasta for a side dish? Try combining them in this medley. It received rave reviews at our volunteer fire department meeting. Now, I make it for other covered-dish suppers.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside. Repeat with carrots and onion, steaming for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Spoon half into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and process cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Pour cream over the top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC