Cheesy Vegetable Medley Casserole Recipe
"This side-dish casserole is great using tomatoes and zucchini from your garden," writes Suzanne Priest of Attleboro, Massachusetts. "And it cooks in the microwave to keep your kitchen cool."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring three times; drain. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC