- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside. Repeat with carrots and onion, steaming for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl; add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Spoon half into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and process cheese. Repeat layers.
- Pour cream over the top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Medley
Sort By :
"My cousin made this for Mother's Day dinner. It was fantastic! Everyone loved the smell of it cooking and could hardly wait to try it."
"Made this yesterday for a Lenten Supper at Church, it was gone almost before I got it put down on the table and everyone wanted the recipe. Am going to make it again for another potluck in two days for those who didn't get any."
"This is an idea side dish that's rich and creamy. My kids love it and they get their vegetables."