Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish Recipe
I'm a cook at a Bible camp, and this is one of my most popular recipes. Everyone who tries it raves about it. The one that touched me the most was when a 10-year-old boy asked me for the recipe so he could have his mom make it at home.—Elsie Campbell, Dulzura, California
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs and cottage cheese. Stir in vegetables and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 407 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 287 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC