Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and cottage cheese. Stir in vegetables and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish(9)
Sort By :
Awesome! I used a bunch of leftover sauteed peppers & onions for the veggies and totally omitted the butter. Tasted fantastic.
I followed ingredients and directions exactly as stated. Result: fabulous aroma, golden brown appearance, light texture, and perfect blend of flavors. We served today at a Teacher Appreciation Brunch. Everyone raved, and the pan is empty :)
Very good flavor BUT the cooking time is off. I've made it twice and it's taken twice as long to cook as stated. I just halved the recipe and doubled the cook time and bingo - great dish for brunch or dinner. I like to serve it with hashbrowns and fresh fruit. Delicious!
Very good casserole. I cut down the butter to only 1/2 a stick, not a full stick. I used zucchini that I had grated and frozen last summer. Worked well. Didn't miss the butter. Got a lot of compliments on the dish.
I made this for a church brunch. It is the best egg dish I have ever tasted.It got raves from everyone that tried it. I am making this for our family Christmas brunch, Christmas Day.
You can make it the day before you need it, refrigerate it and warm it in the Microwave on Med. high.
It tastes just as good warmed over.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >