Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and cottage cheese. Stir in vegetables and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Dish
Sort By :
"My husband loves this, it is so easy and can be tinkered with to taste. We made it for a church lunch and it was a wow dish, no leftovers here!"
"Awesome! I used a bunch of leftover sauteed peppers & onions for the veggies and totally omitted the butter. Tasted fantastic.~ Theresa"
"I followed ingredients and directions exactly as stated. Result: fabulous aroma, golden brown appearance, light texture, and perfect blend of flavors. We served today at a Teacher Appreciation Brunch. Everyone raved, and the pan is empty :)"
"Very good flavor BUT the cooking time is off. I've made it twice and it's taken twice as long to cook as stated. I just halved the recipe and doubled the cook time and bingo - great dish for brunch or dinner. I like to serve it with hashbrowns and fresh fruit. Delicious!"
"Very good casserole. I cut down the butter to only 1/2 a stick, not a full stick. I used zucchini that I had grated and frozen last summer. Worked well. Didn't miss the butter. Got a lot of compliments on the dish."