Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
"Packed with cheddar and cottage cheese and hard-cooked egg, these potatoes make a terrific light lunch all by themselves," says Lorraine Danz (right) from New Holland, Pennsylvania.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and egg.
- 2. Spoon into potato shells. Top with the remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 540 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2009
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC