- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fold an 18-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil in half to make an 18x9-in. strip. Place strip on bottom and up sides of a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strip with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey, 2 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be moist). Shape meat into an 8x5-in. loaf; place in center of strip.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Using ends of foil strip as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Let stand 15 minutes.
Freeze option: Prepare meat loaf as directed, omitting cheddar cheese over top. Securely wrap cooled meat loaf in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze; freeze cheese in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p41
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheesy Turkey Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review