Cheesy Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Turkey Burgers
"This tasted like a normal turkey burger. Which I do like, but I expected it to taste a bit different."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.