- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cheesy Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
This tasted like a normal turkey burger. Which I do like, but I expected it to taste a bit different.