- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Turkey Burgers in Country Woman July/August 2001, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheesy Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
"This tasted like a normal turkey burger. Which I do like, but I expected it to taste a bit different."