Cheesy Tuna Noodles
Not only is this dish delicious, it's economical, too! I serve it once a month.Tamara Duggan, O'Fallon, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place onion
- in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish; dot with butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2
- minutes longer, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk; stir in tuna and cheeses. Pour over
- onion. Drain noodles; add to tuna mixture and mix well. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese
- is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon