- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano and pepper until combined. Spread 3/4 cupful into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles (trimming if necessary), 3/4 cup tuna mixture, half of the cottage cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, tuna mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Tuna Lasagna
"My son (age 21) and I love this recipe. Very flexible, depending on what's in the pantry! I have prepared this dish numerous times and had excellent results using canned Alfredo sauce, and a popular name brand Basil and Parmesan recipe starter sauce (reduce or omit oregano). I always use oven-ready noodles (convenience)! Just one tip: add tuna to sauce AFTER spreading 3/4 c. sauce in the bottom of the pan so the noodles will lie flat. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe!"
"The lasagna was a nice change of pace. Family enjoyed it. I felt it tasted better the next day after flavors had a chance to meld."
"Big hit with the family, especially my five year old daughter!"