This wonderful casserole was added to my recipe collection many years ago. The tuna and three-cheese blend wins over doubters who say they aren't fond of fish.—Virginia Ferris, Lyons, Michigan
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano and pepper until combined. Spread 3/4 cupful into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles (trimming if necessary), 3/4 cup tuna mixture, half of the cottage cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, tuna mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Tuna Lasagna in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p115
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Tuna Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review