Cheesy Texas Toast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onions or parsley, optional
- 1. Spread butter over bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions or parsley if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
2 piece: 370 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Texas Toast
"This was good! I didn't measure the garlic, just sprinkled on and it could have definitely used more! I love the Texas Toast brand garlic bread and was hoping for a product similar to that, but I think it would need more butter and garlic to achieve that result. Will definitely do some tweaking to get the perfect end result. Otherwise, this is a fantastic replica that just needs adjusted to each individual's personal preferences!"