Cheesy Tenderloin Strips Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers crumbs, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper. Dip pork in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 402 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.