"My mother-in-law originally made this recipe with chicken," says Marjorie Miller of Haven, Kansas. "When I substituted pork and made several other revisions, my family reveled in the results! It's simple to prepare yet delicious."
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers crumbs, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper. Dip pork in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Tenderloin Strips in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Tenderloin Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review