Cheesy Taco Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face. For a tasty taco salad, serve Cheesy Taco Chili on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes; top with sour cream and French or Russian salad dressing.