This recipe was created out of desperation when everyone was hungry and I only had a few items on hand. Now it's a standby in my kitchen. - Janet Lammers, St. Marys, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Taco Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p135
Reviews for Cheesy Taco Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review