Cheesy Sun Crisps
Writes Mary Detweiler of Farmington, Ohio: "These crisps have a great cheesy flavor perfect for snacking."
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, butter and water
- until well mixed. Combine flour and salt; add to cheese mixture.
- Stir in oats and sunflower kernels. Knead dough until it holds
- together. Shape into a 12-in. roll. Cover with plastic wrap; chill
- for 4 hours or overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10
- minutes before cutting into 1/8-in. slices. Place on greased
- foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or
- until edges are golden. Slide crackers and foil off baking sheets to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.