- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, butter and water until well mixed. Combine flour and salt; add to cheese mixture. Stir in oats and sunflower kernels. Knead dough until it holds together. Shape into a 12-in. roll. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 hours or overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into 1/8-in. slices. Place on greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Slide crackers and foil off baking sheets to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Sun Crisps in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p64
Reviews for Cheesy Sun Crisps(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
These were pretty good - and loved that I could prepare ahead of time. Took no time to slice, cook and take into work the next morning. I also prepared Garlic Cheese Spread to go with this, which was very good.