Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole Recipe
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small saucepan, combine squash, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and remaining salt until blended. Stir in cheese and squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Toss the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole(19)
Sort By :
This was delicious! I'm new to squash recipes and this one won me over. I will be making this one again!
My family really enjoys this. I also use crackers instead of cornflakes as a topping
Very Good! I will definitely be making this again. I doubled the recipe and substituted the mayo for sour cream, used brown sugar and replaced the cornflakes with crackers. Everyone loved it! :-D
I thought this was really good. I made it all summer long and decided to make it again tonight for dinner. Love it .... THANKS.
Making it for the second time in less than a week! My family loved it. I was able to adapt it for my dairy allergic kids by swapping out the cheddar for soy cheese. Great way to use up the overabundance of summer squash!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >