Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole Recipe
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small saucepan, combine squash, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and remaining salt until blended. Stir in cheese and squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Toss the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole(15)
Sort By :
Making it for the second time in less than a week! My family loved it. I was able to adapt it for my dairy allergic kids by swapping out the cheddar for soy cheese. Great way to use up the overabundance of summer squash!
We really enjoyed this recipe. It had a great flavour and was easy to make. As per a reccomendation I substituted buttery cracker crumbs for the topping and it turned out great.
This is really good! I made it with 3 cups of slices zucchini since I didn't have any of the yellow squash. Instead of cooking it in water, I put it in the microwave with no water for about 3 minutes until it was tender crisp. I did add more cheese than the recipe called for, but that's a personal preference.
Easy to make. I used bread crumbs instead of cornflakes and no butter.
Used cracker crumbs in place of the cornflakes and added more cheese. Very tasty! A great alternative for using up all that summer squash!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >