Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole Recipe
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small saucepan, combine squash, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and remaining salt until blended. Stir in cheese and squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Toss the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Summer Squash Caserole
Sort By :
This was only ok. Maybe I just don't like summer squash?
Really good easy recipe even ate it cold!
We Relly enjoyed the recipe. I did use 4 small squash which was perfect for 2. Just a reminder that not all corn flakes are gluten free. I did use certified gluten free corn flakes and probably closer to 1/4 cup. I will be making this one again.
This recipe is so good and very easy to prepare.
This was delicious! I'm new to squash recipes and this one won me over. I will be making this one again!