Cheesy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This is my favorite summertime supper because I can use peppers and tomatoes fresh from my garden.—Betty DeRoad, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown beef, onion and salt in a skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and rice.
- 3. Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Place in a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 419 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC