Cheesy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown beef, onion and salt in a skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and rice.
- 3. Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Place in a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 419 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
"Instead of beef I added ground lamb instead. This made the meal much lighter."
"So easy, so quick, so good! I followed exactly as written. Some may say it needs a little spice but the favors really work great to create an easy satisfying meal! I even got a "really good" out of my husband! ??"
"these peppers are really good and so simple to make. the best part is you can freeze them and they taste even better the next time around. YUM!"
"very good and tasty. I liked that you cooked and drained the beef before baking it in the pepper. My husband loves stuffed peppers but always complained that it was too greasy. Not with this recipe. I think I would add a little more heat next time or maybe add some ketchup and mustard since it kind of tastes like a cheeseburger!"
"Delicious and pretty easy to make."
"My family loved this. I had never made stuffed peppers where you cook the meat first, but this is excellent. I will definitely made again"
"These peppers were a hit! I used half beef half spicy sausage for some added flavor, and poured a can of tomato soup over the tops. Will make again and again!"
"My family all loved it! I did put a can of tomato soup instead of the tomatoes just to make it a little saucier!"
"hubby enjoyed them!"
"I made these for my family with garden fresh peppers, onion & tomato. YUMMY! They were supper easy and all 8 of us loved them! Even those that don't care for peppers gobbled up the inside.Cindy -Nebraska"