Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
These special potatoes are a hit with my whole family, from the smallest grandchild on up. I prepare them up to a week in advance, wrap them well and freeze. Their flavorful filling goes so nicely with juicy ham slices. —Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 416 calories, 26 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC