- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
"693mg of sodium"
"these dont work with small potatoes hence them saying large ones. even though i used small potatoes and everything spilled over, the messiness didnt affect the great taste!"
"These were excellent! I did add a little more cheese because we all love cheese but everything else I used was as the recipe called for. I did get 3 people tell me that these were better than what you get in a restaurant & I agree. They are very easy to make too. Will be making these over & over again!"
"Delicious, just had them for dinner and hubby loved them. Left out the sour cream cause hubby does't care for it and put crumbled bacon on top. Definitely will make again."