Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes(8)
Sort By :
My family LOVED this recipe! I added diced ham into the mix and we had this as a meal, rather a side dish. PERFECT! we've eaten it several times since!
Made these with Easter dinner. What a hit. They begged for more. So easy... so good. Now an Easter "Tradition"
I have made these many times. One of my favorite ways to serve a special side to company. So convenient to make ahead of time.
I've been making these stuffed potatoes for years. They are a family favorite!