Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Sort By :
"A big hit at our house. I used large baking potatoes and like other suggestions added ham. a meal in itself. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Love these potatoes. I also add parsley flakes for added flavor, and instead of white pepper, I use regular ground pepper. I've also used sliced cheese instead of shredded cheese, makes them nice and creamy as well."
"Love this recipe! ***Can anyone share if there is a difference in the texture after freezing and re-heating?"
"These potatoes are awesome. The only changes I make is to reduce the sour cream to 1/4 cup and add 6 ounces of softened cream cheese."
"Outstanding! These are perfect with a plus! Definitely making again. The leftovers were frozen and re-heated about two weeks later. It worked perfectly! Not a bit watery at all like most frozen potatoes get. Next time, we'll most likely add a little bacon to the filling."