"This was the very first recipe I learned to cook...my grandmother would help my twin sister and me make these fun snacks when we were 5 or 6 years old," recalls Sheri Vero of Ocala, Florida.
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or garlic salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a food processor, combine flour, butter
- and cheese. Cover and process until well blended. Divide into four
- portions; shape each into a ball. Roll between pieces of waxed paper
- or plastic wrap into 7-in. x 5-in. rectangles.
- Cut into 5-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and, if desired, paprika or garlic salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 123 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.