- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or garlic salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a food processor, combine flour, butter and cheese. Cover and process until well blended. Divide into four portions; shape each into a ball. Roll between pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap into 7-in. x 5-in. rectangles.
- Cut into 5-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and, if desired, paprika or garlic salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Straws in Country Woman July/August 2000, p43
Reviews for Cheesy Straws
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2010
"I made them much thinner and didn't add any salt or pepper or garlic on top. Next I think I will use sharp cheddar, mild doesn't have that zing. Reminds me of Cheez-Its!"