"My daughter often serves this cheese and spinach blend at church suppers," writes Frances Moore, Decatur, Illinois. "Even people who don't usually eat spinach like this flavorful treatment once they try it. There is never any left."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low;
- cook 4-5 hours longer or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 230 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.