Cheesy Spinach-stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground round
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly combine meat loaf ingredients. On a waxed paper, pat into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread over rectangle, leaving 3/4 in. around edges. Starting with a short end, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Press meat mixture over filling at both ends to seal. Place loaf, seam side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Spread with ketchup; bake for 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand a few minutes. Cut into 1-in. thick slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 259 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cheesy Spinach-stuffed Meat Loaf
"Although never easy to try and roll meat loaves, this was very good. I think I'll try using a rack next time to prevent sticking."
"This was FABULOUS!!! My family loved it, from my 9 year-old grandson to my husband. Yummy Yummy Yummy!"