Cheesy Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In large bowl, combine the eggs, egg white and spinach. Stir in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.