This quiche-like casserole from Marilyn Paradis of Woodburn, Oregon is a wonderful way to include good-for-you spinach in your menu. Made with eggs and reduced-fat cheese, the easy-to-cut side dish would be a welcome addition to a breakfast or brunch buffet.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In large bowl, combine the eggs, egg white and spinach. Stir in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Spinach Casserole in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p9
Reviews for Cheesy Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2008
"This recipe calls for 2 eggs. However the directions say to combine the eggs and egg whites. There are no egg whites listed in the ingredients. Any suggestions?"