Cheesy Spinach Casserole Recipe
This quiche-like casserole from Marilyn Paradis of Woodburn, Oregon is a wonderful way to include good-for-you spinach in your menu. Made with eggs and reduced-fat cheese, the easy-to-cut side dish would be a welcome addition to a breakfast or brunch buffet.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In large bowl, combine the eggs, egg white and spinach. Stir in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Spinach Casserole in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2008
This recipe calls for 2 eggs. However the directions say to combine the eggs and egg whites. There are no egg whites listed in the ingredients. Any suggestions?
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >