Cheesy Spaghetti Bake Recipe
With all the favorite ingredients of spaghetti and meat sauce, this recipe makes two hearty family-style casseroles. It’s great for entertaining or a potluck. —Sue Braunschweig, Delafield, Wisconsin
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; set aside.
- 2. In two Dutch ovens or stock pots, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. To each pot, add 2 cups of milk, two cans of tomato soup, one can of mushroom soup and 1 cup of cheese. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Spoon over spaghetti (spaghetti will absorb liquid during baking). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC