Cheesy Souffles Recipe
Great for brunch, light late-night supper for two or as a versatile side dish, these melt-in-your-mouth souffles are flavorful, fluffy and fun. Thanks to Lynn McAllister in Mt. Ulla, North Carolina for the quick and easy recipe!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat. Beat egg yolks. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 souffle equals 301 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 270 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC