Cheesy Soft Pretzels Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Knead on a floured surface for 1 minute; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut each into 8-in.-long strips. Fold strips in half, pinching the edges, and twist into pretzel shapes.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 71 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Soft Pretzels
"not bad give them a try.but try some bacon bits with the cheese"
"These pretzels are absolutely delicious. My kids and all guests I have served them to inhale them. :)"