Cheesy Soft Pretzels Recipe
"Fresh and warm from the oven, these chewy twists are a yummy snack even kids can make," jots field editor Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Knead on a floured surface for 1 minute; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut each into 8-in.-long strips. Fold strips in half, pinching the edges, and twist into pretzel shapes.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Soft Pretzels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC