- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Knead on a floured surface for 1 minute; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut each into 8-in.-long strips. Fold strips in half, pinching the edges, and twist into pretzel shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Soft Pretzels(6)
Sort By :
original printed recipe calls for 2T Butter
I will try this with 2 Tablespoons of butter. Please correct the recipe to reflect the appropriate amount of butter.
I don't know what this is, but it is not a pretzel!! Something very wrong with this recipe.
I have the original recipe from the magazine, and there is definitely a typo in the posted recipe. It is only 2 Tbsp butter, not 2 cups. Made using the correct measurements, these pretzels are absolutely delicious. My kids and all guests I have served them to inhale them. :)
This was simply awful! Somebody somewhere screwed up something. Previous rater said they would use half the butter - yeah! These things ended up sitting in 1/4" of bubbling butter and taste like a buttery salty mess. If you can't trust a recipe, why bother. Avoid this one like the plague.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >